Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Picking up Idols

At the foot of the cross is an indentation
It's where I put the idols in my life

Some, stay there where they should be
Others, are picked up and put back on their shelf
Countless times I reach down

They can be so shiny
So harmless...
Harmless until I open up the lid
And the rotten fruit inside reminds me why it's there

I hold this particular idol in my hand
slick with the blood of Jesus
and seriously ponder if I should hold on to it or not

God I thank you for accountability
I thank you for friends that give me hope
I thank you for the terrible payment your Son gave
Oh Father give me strength!

1 People Talking:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lord,you lift up those who are bowed down. Therefore I am strong and my heart takes courage.

Friday, August 26, 2005 4:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home