Friday, August 26, 2005

The Golden Rule

From the book Blue like Jazz:

...to be in a relationship with God is to be loved purely and furiously. And a
person who thinks himself unlovable cannot be in a relationship with God because
he can't accept who God is; a Being that is love. We learn that we are
lovable or unlovable from other people....That is why God tells us so many
times to love each other.

Months ago, I started to feel something missing
but I couldn't put my finger on what it was.

I would sit quietly and watch a group of friends
and realized I have no clue who they really are.
I can say we were friends,
but to say that we loved each other?

Imagine a world where we went out of our way
to make people feel special.
Forget the worries about how our actions will "look"

CS I believe has figured this all out already
I have to say that she's my hero somedays.

I have decided to make an effort to show I care.
I'm sure that some will take it the wrong way,
but I hope that it makes a difference nonetheless.

2 People Talking:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This brings to mind Jesus washing the feet of his deciples

Friday, August 26, 2005 3:54:00 PM  
Blogger Tmproff said...

Hmmm I didn't think of it as an example of servanthood, but I definatly see your point. Love is needed so much in my generation. People thirst for it....I think my next step is to not only love others, but to accept that God loves me in a very personal way.

Friday, August 26, 2005 9:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home