Wednesday, September 21, 2005

God is a She

I asked a female friend of mine what traits of God were feminine a while back, but never got an answer. I began to probe this subject. Catching glimpses in what our Pastor says, in scripture that I read, even in my prayer life...Understanding was slow but clear.

I have always believed that if you wanted proof that there is a God, look at a woman. The curves of her body, the way she makes a man's heart beat so fast as she passes by; only the Creator of our universe could build something that matched a man so perfectly.

In the book by Staci and John Eldridge called Captivating, I began to understand why I felt this way. This book has answered many of my questions. Adam and Eve were made in God's image. The beauty of a woman is a direct representation of the beauty of God. A woman's passion, her ability to bring forth life, her strengths; these are all things that a man will never fully understand. Why did Lucifer tempt Eve instead of Adam? I don't think it was because she was easier to tempt/weaker. Maybe it was because of his jealousy of her Beauty, for he was considered most beautiful of the archangels.

Our relationship with God is a passionate one (the most passionate we could ever have). It's not about rules or some huge book that we obsess over. It's about falling in love with the most amazing person that we will ever come in contact with.






She is Beautiful.
She is Passionate.
She is in love with us.
She knows our hurts.
She knows how to quench them.
She is God.
He is God.

0 People Talking:

Post a Comment

<< Home