Friday, September 23, 2005

I am a Runner Part 2















All the believers were together and had everything in common. Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.

I really love the book of Acts. I believe that community and fellowship holds immense power. Power to comfort, power to heal. We were created for fellowship.

Rita is about to clean our clocks tonight. I have a friend that's a pilot for Continental that just flew into Houston and he's staying with me for the duration of the hurricane. This morning we ran as I always do on Saturdays, and running with someone else makes the trek so much easier. The pattern of his breathing, watching his feet hit the pavement and matching them. As we hit the half way mark, we turned around and I was in the lead for the run back. It was much more difficult to be facing forward and only knowing that my friend was behind me by the sounds he made. I guess that's a good example of Leadership.

I am a Runner
But I dont run alone.

3 People Talking:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said.

Please be safe this weekend! And if you and your friends need a place to crash, feel free to head up to drier ground here in the Panhandle. :)

Friday, September 23, 2005 7:43:00 AM  
Blogger Tmproff said...

Well it's around midnight and the wind is starting to pick up. The storm moved to the east, and we wont get the brunt of the storm. We still have power and I'm about to try to get some rest. Thanks for the offer.....2 big strapping guys, we'd eat you out of house and home.

Friday, September 23, 2005 9:56:00 PM  
Blogger Tmproff said...

Well, it's Monday night and it's the first time I've been able to check my blog / email in a few days. We lost power for only 6 hours, but the cable (modem) will be down for a day or 2 more.

Rita didn't do much to us here in Houston. A lot of wind, very little rain....smells like pine-sol as I expected it to because of all of the fallen pine branches.

It's been a great last 5 days....I've spent a lot of time with friends...lots of time out on my balcony watching the wind push the trees around.

Things should be back to normal in another 2 days.....Be safe everyone!

Monday, September 26, 2005 5:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home