Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Closest to my Father

It starts with a picture in my head.
Slowly it forms,
It twists, sometiems changing shape.

Eventually it finds its way
Onto some form of parchment.

Blurred to almost incomprehension,
I figure out the dimensions necessary.

The materials used are most important,
They always have their own story to tell.

I try to put my feelings into what I create,
Hopefully it's recognized for what I intended.

I feel closest to my Father
When I'm creating.

2 People Talking:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool! What do you make?

Thursday, September 29, 2005 7:27:00 PM  
Blogger Tmproff said...

Growing up, my father taught me that if I can't afford it..build it! I've built furniture (including the bed I sleep on now), tables, Humidors (for cigars), jewelery boxes..It's all up to the imagination. I'm learning how to carve wood, but thats a lifelong skill to attain it seems.

Friday, September 30, 2005 6:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home