Thursday, September 01, 2005

Paying off Debt

All bitterness, fury, anger, shouting, and reviling must be removed from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, compassionate, forgiving one another as God has forgiven you in Christ. Eph 4:31-32

I just graduated college. Of course I have debt which is thankfully shrinking quickly. Unfortunately, I'm not talking about that kind. That kind is impersonal. I get rid of it with the 1's and 0's that are deposited into my bank account twice a month. The debt I'm talking about is broken friendships. It would take a very long blog entry to describe the entire story, but to make it short, I lost a 20 year friendship (we met in 2nd grade). We traveled all over the world together. My fondest memories of childhood had him in them.

The reason we stopped talking isn't important. What happened afterwards is. After the final argument and we had gone our separate ways, He called me up feeling very convicted and wanted to talk things through. I was still pretty angry at the time and I didn't want anything to do with it. Almost a year passed and I really wanted to find out how this guy was doing. We met for breakfast (he worked nights). We talked, we laughed, it even felt like old times. After that, I haven't talked to him since. I saw his parents at a wedding a while back. It seems that my friend had to have surgery for some stomach illness. He's married now, and last I heard he is wanting to build a house out on some land that his family owns.

God I pray that you open doors in this relationship
Please give me the courage to contact this person
Please give me the patience to work through old situations

1 People Talking:

Blogger Tmproff said...

I totally understand Ruth. I dont think my friend and I will ever be able to agree on what happened between us. I think the only thing to do is to remember what it was like before the arguement and can we have that relationship again. It feels like such a waste... He was truely like a brother.

Thursday, September 01, 2005 10:45:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home