Saturday, December 31, 2005

How do you measure a year?

This was my favorite movie this year. I loved it because it showed people hurting...it showed how community can bring such support and healing. Sometimes I relate my life to how these characters lived....I have some friends that have financial difficulties. Some have relationship woes... some are sick, some are lonely...One is trying to find himself. One is on a quest that I'm extremly interested in. We all love....we dont hold back....and I pray that everyone feels cared for.

Looking back at 2005, It's been one of the most dynamic years of my life.

1. I graduated college
2. I was offered a really excellent job without looking for it (Thank you God!)
3. I dated a redheaded marine (she was really cute guys but dont mess with her!)
4. I was rejected by a redheaded marine
5. I forgot who I was
6. I was rejected by my closest friends
7. I got my new apartment (living by myself for the first time)
8. I met someone that taught me to love with reckless abandonment
(CS, that was the most important thing I learned this year. Thank you so much.)
9. I started this blog and found out I could write
10. I discovered great men and women of God that I cannot live without
11. I look forward to what adventures 2006 holds for me.

I really appreciate everyone that writes on my blog. I've learned so much from you.

4 People Talking:

Blogger Lisa said...

I love that song!! I went to see the play in college. Songs from college are so packed with memories from that time. We had the soundtrack on CD, and the car's CD player back then was a 10 disk-changer in the trunk. We used to debate who would run back to the trunk to change the CDs in it....and then debate who would run back again when we realized the CD holder had been put in backwards.

And its a great college-memory song, because it's about memories and time passing.

Saturday, December 31, 2005 9:15:00 AM  
Blogger Tmproff said...

Change can be painful, but it's the only thing that gives reference to the passing of time. When people stop changing, they start to loose large gaps in time..they say things like "Where did the time go?"

I am not a big fan of change, but I welcome it with understanding that it can bring pain and joy.

BTW, Ashlee, I promised video/sound, there you go :)

Saturday, December 31, 2005 10:51:00 AM  
Blogger Ashlee Liddell said...

I am not surprised one bit that you have sound AND video on your blog before the years end....

It sounds like God used 2005 to lay a foundation for the next chapter in your life. So many of the things you wrote about learning this year people live their whole lives without discovering. Imagine what He can do through you, and your willingness to learn, grow, and embrace change and all it brings with it.

Thanks for sharing, and for challenging me.

Saturday, December 31, 2005 12:22:00 PM  
Blogger LKH said...

thanks to you too...

Saturday, December 31, 2005 1:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home