Saturday, December 17, 2005

Unseen Hope

Breathing deeply I take inventory of my soul.
Lonliness mixed with exhaustion are revealed.
Where is my hope?

Romans 8:24 says this:
For we are saved by hope. But hope that is seen is not hope. For what a man sees, why does he hope for?

Then it says in verse 25:
But if we hope for that which we do not see, we wait for it with patience.

I push so hard to find my own answers..Solve my own problems.
Why should I be surprised I feel this way?

3 People Talking:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look for the joy. It is always there. Maybe in some very unsuspecting places. God came to give us life that we might have it more ABUNDANTLY.... How easy it is to say and how hard to practice in every day life. I have seen some desperate times,and I know despair.
I agree with you life is not always a picnic. I guess it is how we cope that makes the difference.

Sunday, December 18, 2005 12:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope is so precious ... sometimes all you need is the tiniest sliver to bring you out of the darkness.

Sunday, December 18, 2005 4:51:00 PM  
Blogger Ashlee Liddell said...

I read your post right before leaving to go watch the Polar Express at a church outreach event. In the movie (which I highly recommend for those who have not seen it) there is a character who could easily be a representation of the Holy Spirit. This quote stuck out to me, I don't know if it helps or not...

"Sometimes seeing is believing. But the greatest gifts are those that are unseen."

I am praying for you...

Sunday, December 18, 2005 7:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home