Friday, September 02, 2005

Origins of Diamonds



Diamond is the hardest material known to mankind,
Graphite is one of the softest.

Diamonds are transparent,
Graphite is opaque.

Diamond is an excellent insulator,
Graphite has conductive properties.

Diamonds are the ultimate abrasive,
Graphite is a common lubricant.

How can 2 so dissimilar materials come from the same element?

We are all born into this life as Carbon. We can follow the status quo and become Graphite, or through tremendous heat and pressure, become something as rare and beautiful as a diamond.

You never get rid of temptation. Today has been hard for me.
Prayer, scripture, friends/family; these things help me to stand strong.
Inevitably it comes down to choice...
Do you want to be a Diamond or a piece of Graphite?

BTW, Diamonds are by far the most transparent material known to mankind :)

3 People Talking:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Diamonda Are Forever....

Friday, September 02, 2005 12:17:00 PM  
Blogger Tmproff said...

I dont normally tell people this (so they dont mob me) but I'm the male shadow in that commercial :)

Friday, September 02, 2005 12:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And here I am measuring my life in coffee spoons

Friday, September 02, 2005 3:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home