Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Masculinity vs Beauty

In the book Captivating, it talks about how Beauty reveals Masculinity. I read that and thought "Hmm what an interesting concept"....I've always tried to be a very observent person......Body language has been a hobby of mine for years...The last week or so, I realized how true this concept is. Beauty absolutely reveals Masculinity. Here's a fun test for the ladies....go up to a guy you know and put your hand around his bicep muscle.....I'll bet you a dollar that he flexes...it's instinctive!

Humor aside, I am starting to realize more and more that God knew exactly what he was doing when he created Guys and Girls so different....We compliment each other....Our physiology proves it, our feelings are the same way.

Here is a quick story about how Masculinity reveals Beauty....In certain countries, it's customary for the Groom to pay the father of the bride a cow in exchange for his daughter. An American guy fell in love with a woman from this country. She was not considered attractive by most standards, but the American loved her dearly. The American guy paid the father 6 cows which is an unheard of payment for his daugher. The daughter felt so special....she was a 6 cow woman...she started to feel valuable and took better care of herself. The story ends with the woman becoming a very attractive woman.

I'm not saying that attractiveness is the only form of beauty...Far from it in my opinion. A womans smile is a very amazing thing...no matter if it's from my 102 year old great grandmother (she is really that age) or from a newborn. A friend of mine this evening gave me a big hug and said that she loved me.....that's beauty in its most pure form....

I know this is similar to the Chicken or the Egg scenario...what comes first? Beauty or Masculinity....I dont know the answer to that one.

I'll keep watching the world around me....and yes, I do flex :)

3 People Talking:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In my line of work(which is in design)I have learned thru the years that beauty is balance.
It is intriging to me the balance between beauty and masculinity.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 9:46:00 AM  
Blogger Tmproff said...

Can you explain what you mean by "Beauty is balance". When I think of that phrase, I believe as a woman matures, her beauty transverses from appearance to other traits. Am I on the right track?

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 11:01:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are right about that.
But I was talking about beauty in general not necessarily the
beauty of a woman.What is beautiful
to the eye is balance and not chaos. The connection in your recent post is what intrigues me.

Thursday, October 06, 2005 8:24:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home