Sunday, October 09, 2005

Fire Starter






















That is Erica.
She's my older brother's niece. Her and her 2 sisters came over to my parents house for my fathers 59th birthday (Go Dad!). Well when they see me, I turn into the human jungle gym. I love them all to death. For the first couple hours, I just picked them up, twirled them around and cracked up as they tried to walk a straight line. As the evening wore on, they got a little tired and just wanted for me to carry them around and hug them. Well...Erica has a few tiny freckles to the sides of her nose. It's extremly cute! I was holding her and I touched her freckles with my finger and said "Wow, your freckels make you look so cute!" I wasn't prepared for what happend next. She got really upset and ran off. Later I realize that she was probably made fun of for them. We made up later that evening and she gave me a kiss on the cheek when the 3 of them had to leave. Oh lord, please give me a daughter someday!


Communication is such a powerful thing. In James 3:5 it says:

So also the tongue is a small part of the body, and {yet} it boasts of great things. See how great a forest is set aflame by such a small fire!

As people get to know me, they begin to realize that I think out loud most of the time. That's good and bad. The good is that they see the deepest part of me....I strive to be transparent to my friends, thus in return, I might gain trust and a little insight into their lives. The bad is that I can insult some people quite easily.

To the Big Guy upstairs,
Please help me to understand my friends better.
Help me to better communicate with them.
Give them patience with my logic,
Give them ever more patience for my ramblings.


Dearest Friend,
Please forgive me for what I said.

2 People Talking:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are going to make a great dad.

Monday, October 10, 2005 6:36:00 PM  
Blogger Tmproff said...

I remember years ago, a good friend of mine let me get her daugher out of her car seat late one night as she put away groceries. The little girl was asleep when I picked her up. As with most little ones, they dont wake up easily. I picked her up in my arms and while she was still asleep, she put her hands around my neck. I almost dropped her because my legs wouldn't support me. I can't imagine what it will be like to have my own. I do want a little boy that I can climb trees and eat bugs with, but I want a daughter first :)

Monday, October 10, 2005 10:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home