Monday, October 10, 2005

Shards of Pottery

Spread on the ground are shards.
We fit together at one time,
A vessel I thought worthy.

Shattered I feel alone, unsecure.
I have lost the identity I knew so well.
Before I had purpose,
I held my contents so skillfully.
Proudly I displayed my shiny patterns.

Where is hope, what is hope?
Why was I thrown down?
Did I not do what I was created for?
Even if I was put back together,
I would never be the same.

Empty, I am reminded of my flaws.
Water flows through me now, I cannot contain it.
Parched soil around me is quenched,
Life begins where it was not before.

My old patterns are faded and gone,
Now I am adorned by the flowers that grow beside me.

3 People Talking:

Blogger Tmproff said...

I was re reading what I wrote a few days ago on this and I realized something:

The chips of pottery...the parts of the vessel that were discarded....THAT is what was keeping the water in.....that is what was hindering the flow.

I like that :)

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 7:12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like that too.
I love your blog by the way.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 2:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I REALLY REALLY loved this one!

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 9:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home