Monday, November 14, 2005

The Tightrope

One foot in front of the other,
Not so hard if you think about it.

Actually, it is hard,
Hard when so many eyes are watching you..
They believe you are confident.

So high up, they can't see your ragged breath.
They can't see the beaded sweat on my forehead.

No chance to turn around,
No chance to stop.

Only when I run out of options,
Only when my energy is spent do I close my eyes.
Faith tells me the net is there.

One foot in front of the other,
Never easy, always possible.


I am able to do all things through him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13

5 People Talking:

Blogger Ashlee Liddell said...

Perhaps the most difficult part of the tightrope is not deciding to go across, but with each step deciding to again pick your foot back up and put it back down. Sometimes the faith part is easier than the perserverance part....sometimes it's not.
You have such a profound way with words...it is a gift.

Monday, November 14, 2005 3:27:00 PM  
Blogger Ashlee Liddell said...

P.S. Someone who formerly posted comments on my blog told me on the phone today that they were hesitant to post comments anymore because of Mr. Deep Thoughts....I told her not to be scared of you!

Monday, November 14, 2005 3:28:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The worst part for me would be the people staring at me. I hate it, hate it, hate it when people stare at me -- whether for a good, bad or neutral reason. The perfect spot for me is where nobody sees me, nobody can stare and therefore scrutinize/judge.

Monday, November 14, 2005 6:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shauna, I TOTALLY HEAR YOU. It's so bizarre how I can totally trust that the blood of Jesus cleanses all my sin and saves me from hell -- FROM HELL -- but I can't trust him with the little things of every day life.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 5:59:00 PM  
Blogger Tmproff said...

Honestly, I am not a big fan of using that verse...It feels so "cookie-cutter"...one of those phrases that you hear from your grandmother.

When I write on this blog, it usually starts with an image in my head...no words, no title...just a picture.

For this one, I saw a picture of someone "grasping" a tightrope with their toes....tonails were white with effort..every muscle and ligament was tense...it was work just to think about it!

And then this scripture popped into my head....one of those scriptures I hate to say because it's one that my non-Christian friends know and expect.

What's simpler than walking down a line on the road? It's only when you imagine the possibility of falling that it becomes difficult.

You know...Grandma scriptures can be powerful...you just have to not only know them, but believe them in your heart...If you hold on tight, you might slip, but never fall.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 7:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home